Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Homemade sweetened condensed milk


I just took a shot in the dark and made my own sweetened condensed milk and was quite surprised with the results I got. It was really good! I forgot to take a picture, but I will next time. It was so easy to make and came out great. I made chocolate mud cake with it and it came out super yummy! This is a great way to use up dry milk you may have laying around.

Combine 1/2 cup water, 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, and 1 cup of sugar in a saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and allow the mixture to cool for 10-15 minutes. Using a whisk add 1 cup dry powdered milk and voila! homemade sweetened condensed milk. This is equal to one can of store bought sweetened condensed milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment